Splinter review by The Offspring

• Released: Dec 9, 2003
The Offspring: Splinter

Well dudes, the offspring strikes again!! They made an amazing album!! Splinter, the new band's album, seems like an old offspring record!! It's an album full of punk songs (with the exception of Hit That, Worst Hangover Ever and Spare Me the Details), with fast and catchy melodies (Da Hui, The Noose, Lightning Rod...every song on this album without the ones that I mentioned before). It seems that Noodles, Dexter and Greg are sick of being the "Pretty Fly" and "Original Prankster" guys, and they dragged out their true soul. It's cool! On the drum throne there isn't Ron Welty anymore, as you may know, but Josh Freese, which is a Drumming God and he has done an excellent work with drums in this album.

Dexter's lyrics are based, like on every offspring album, on real life. The title splinter, is a way to express the splintered parts of him, that are represented in almost every song. I like his lyrics, like i ever do. It seems that he writes songs just for me :P His lyrics are very meaningfully to me. And you know how talented to sing is Dexter... I love his voice.

This new record is my 4th favourite from the band (1st Smash, 2nd Ignition, 3rd The Offspring): in this 10 songs album (the first is an intro, the last a shitty outro/song...), 8 of them are really good! Sure, this album is short (30 mins, more or less), and maybe they could have added a bunch of songs.. but splinter is good! But it, you will not regret it, if you're a true fan of the band, and not just a fool who listen only to "Pretty fly" or "Original prankster". In this case, just buy the "hit that" single, then shut up. Bye.