Splinter review by The Offspring

• Released: Dec 1, 2003
The Offspring: Splinter

When looking at the quality of the sound when it comes out of the speaker, it keeps better and better, but however all the different styles The Offspring tried on this record :/... I don't know. Songs like "The Worst Hangover Ever" suck. Really, they sound funny to me once, but they get more annoying every time they're played. On the other side, the songs more like oldschool Offspring, DO rock. The Noose and Long Way Home for example. And 'course: the most rocking number since Ixnay on the Hombre... Can't Get My Head Around You.

Offspring lyrics have always been very good and will be (I hope...). That's all I really can say about 'm. Oh, about the skills of the singer: Dexter Holland is the best punk vocalist in the world.

When I bought the album, I wasn't really... that it was really a good record. But when you listen to it quite much, you start to like it more and more (exept for a few songs). And after all... as an Offspring fan a good Offspring album is never a problem. I must say, as a conclusion, I really like the album.