Splinter review by The Offspring

• Released: Dec 1, 2003
The Offspring: Splinter

This album isn't as great as their other ones...and although the sound is good, it's pretty much the same thing as Conspiracy...perhaps a bit of Americana is mixed in their too. It's got some flops on the songs, like "Lightning Rod" and "Long Way Home" (even though they sound great live). But it also has some good ones like "Spare Me the Details" and "Race Against Myself" I also enjoyed the experimenting on "Hit That". Overall I guess the sounds are good...nothing I wouldn't expect from them...(kinda funny because I've been saying how great they are in my other reviews). I'd still give it a five though, because most of the cd is good...despite it's short length.

The lyrics were awesome...especially in "Race Against Myself". "But I am losing the race against myself..." that was great. Dexter stick to universal emotions and his voice is also pushed even more to the limit than the previous cds. I love him as a vocalist and a song writer.

My overall impression of this cd is that it is traditional Offspring...nothing but quality. They tried their best and came out with some more hits for the summer...but I like their previous ones more, so I'd have to give it a four...sorry guys! Maybe next time around!!!