Splinter review by The Offspring

• Released: Dec 1, 2003
The Offspring: Splinter

Id have to say this album was amazing, I bought it after I borrowed it from my friend. My first thoughts were that it was gonna be some pop crap like original Prankster or Pretty Fly For A White Guy. But it wasn't. This album was hardcore! It's great stuff and if you like punk music buy it, if you've ever liked any Offspring songs before - buy it. I'm deffinitly an Offspring fan now. I've been told its more like there earlier work which i really have to hear now. A group of my friends said that they dont like offspring after I got this cd and I asked why. They said that their all old! Just cause someones old doesn't meen they suck. These are all the people that are into AC/DC, Led Zepplin and all those other awesome old bands. The're older, but that just meens they've got more experience than all of those newer bands. They know whats good and whats not. Not a bad song on the CD, except for when You're In Prison, its pointless but good for a laugh.

The lyrics are, theres no other word for it, amazing. Dexter's has a different topic for each song most of them are about emotions or some sort of thing that ties in with his emotions. As was said in a different review, they all represent the splintered parts of him as was said in the title of the album (Splinter) and I couldnt agree more.

This album was just awesome. The best songs are, in my oppinion, "The Noose" and "Lightning Rod". The Offspring are just amazing at all of the elements of their music, although the bass isn't very noticable. Although I was sort of dissapointed at the lack of solo's the longest one being in "Da Hui," which was an amazing hardcore song with just as many words and elements to it as all of the other songs just only in 1 and a half minutes instead of 3 or 4. The album was sadly, very short and could use to be much longer, although I can have enjoyed all the songs on it by the time I get to school. If your a fan buy it, if your not but you like bands like blink 182 or Sum 41 buy it, if you've only ever heard any Offspring song and liked it buy it, if you like punk rock buy it, if you've got extra money and dont know what to do with it buy it. If this album was ever stolen i would replace the extra copy of it that i replaced it with. and then shoot the person who stole it broke it ect. If you are not sattisfied with this album, theres no harm in having extra copies, I will buy it.