Splinter review by The Offspring

• Released: Dec 9, 2003
The Offspring: Splinter

This album sounds less punk than their old stuff like "The Offspring" or "Ixnay On The Hombre". But it still rocks. "Neocon" is a very good and powerful intro. It's like bringing you into the journey of "The Splinter". This album has different ypes of sounds, such as alternative (Lighting Rob), punk (Can't Get My Head Around You), old skool punk (Da Hui), etc. Personally I don't like "When You're In Prison", cuz it doesn't fit with other songs. But it doesn't really affect the whole "Splinter". I still love it.

The lyrics is absolutely amazing. As usual, Dexter has written incredible lyrics for their songs. He can always express his thoughts or anything through his lyrics. My favourite is definitely "Race Against Myself." This song is just perfect. "I've tried as hard as I can/I've taken all I can stand/But I am running a race against myself" -- I love every single word in this song. In my opinion, Dexter is one of the best writers in the music industry.

Once again, The Offspring has produced a kick ass album. They have choosen the right songs to put into "The Splinter" besides "When You're In Prison." I would prefer without it. Like I said before, it's pretty weird. Anyway if you like their "Conspiracy Of One", I'm sure you will like this too. They both rock! If any bastard stole it, I would kill him get it back. Or if I lost it, I would go to the cd store immediately and buy it again cause The Offspring is my all time favourite.