Splinter review by The Offspring

• Released: Dec 1, 2003
The Offspring: Splinter

Although people whinge and moan about how this album doesn't portray the band's sound like the others do, I think that this is a really impressive album. As it launches into the furious riffs and quick vocals of "The Noose," I was reminded of the old sound of the band. Some tracks, however, such as "Hit That" and "The Worst Hangover Ever" spoil the album and give people cause for complaint.

What can I say? Typical Offspring lyrics, with Dexter whining about girls and the like. But they are, as always, fitting to the music and impressive. Dexter has outdone himself on this album.

This may seem strange, but this is my favorite album by the band, and it was buying this album that really got me into The Offspring. The most impressive songs I thought were the heavy guitar riffs and uptempo drum beats of "The Noose" and "Can't Get My Head Around You," and the worst being "Hit That" and "The Worst Hangover Ever." The only fault I can find with this album is that it doesn't really last long enough. If the album were stolen or lost, I would definitely go out and buy another one as soon as possible.