Splinter review by The Offspring

• Released: Dec 1, 2003
The Offspring: Splinter

The Offspring, an awesome band but honestly I was just slightlydissappointed with this album. I was suspecting something huge, something epic. But what I found were too many ideas for songs jammed into 12 tracks. Now don't get me wrong this album does rock, but could rock a lot harder. The sound has an old-school offspring sound to it which is awesome! Some of the songs have a bit 'what the hell' bits, but most of it rocks. There's an awesome effect with some of the effects and timing which make some of these songs wickid but also make some just bad.

The Offspring lyrics have always been awesome. Dexter's voice sounds so wickid and suits the type of music so well. He's go an awesome voice. The lyrics, just like any other offspring album have a bit of humour in em' and depth and just the right mix which make it awesome. He's got such an awesome voice it just suits it so well, the lyrics are so out there!

With my copy I got bonus CD which has the 'Da Hui Video' and the behind the scenes of the video. It's an alright bonus CD nothing special to be honest. The actual CD itslef though is actually really cool! It's got some awesome tracks with awesome rhythms and lyrics which will leave you rocking out/playing guitar to. The better songs on the album, well the only crappy songs are Da Hui and When You're In Prison (just 'cause it's not that funny even). This CD is wickid and if you're into the type of genre of music or kinda like the Offspring you should really like this album totally worth it, I'd buy it again.

[ LiAm ]
    when your in prison is just gay, they could have put a live song or something there. even just silence would be easier to digest
    makeseven
    fretman5000
    makeseven wrote: When you're in prison feels VERY out of place...but its also hilarious. i really don't understand why people don't love this album. my only complaint, similar to many others, is that it is FAR too short. and i think Neocon sounds cool. tracks 2-10 are AWESOME.
    I totally agree, too short, out of place at points, but has some really good material.
    fretman5000
    Zell182 wrote: When your in prison is the best song easily it's just original and thje lyrics are funny as
    i honestly hate that song, its not the offspring at all. it just sucks, im glas its the last song on the album, it really shouldnt even be there at all though
    pwninator123
    Apparently it's a rather underrated album, I absolutely loved it, and Lightning Rod is easily one of the best Offspring songs written