The Offspring review by The Offspring

• Released: Jan 1, 1989
The Offspring: The Offspring

First Offspring album, but it was re-released, for some techincal reason. All songs on the album start differently but always end up the same and barre chord-ey. eg. Out On Patrol starts with an acoustic after that barre chords kick in and Dirty Magic has a cool riff for intro and verses but for the chorus a few barre chords.

Personally I love Dexter Hollands singing voice. This album does contain a book full of the lyrics to it. Songs like Kill The President and Jenifer Lost The War have a political view upon the way the goverment rule all our lives. Songs like Blackball and Tehran are about the Gulf and Veitnam wars and like every Offspring album the is always the jokey lyric-ed song. This one being Beheaded.

I think this album comes 4th out of the Offspring albums (note i am writing this before Splinter). Its good but not great. Elders and Jennifer Lost The War have some pretty cool solos in them but my fav songs on this album are Elders, Blackball and Tehran. I wouldn't bother buying this album again if something happened to it, unless it was selling for cheap, or even second hand. I wouldn't reject this album being played but nor will I choose to put it on out of my collection when at a party or something. Overall this album was good. It only just got a 4. Its really like 3.95.