The Offspring review by The Offspring

• Released: Jan 1, 1989
The Offspring: The Offspring

This album may be 17 years old, but its still one of their better ones. This one brings out the more violent tone in their career. Ahem, (Beheaded). Their first album didn't give a huge impact on their career. But it did help them off to a pretty good start. Most of the songs are worth listening to. Especially "Elders" and "I'll Be Waiting." Their smooth gliding style with their guitars was pretty well done for some 20 something year old rock stars.

The lyrics in this album are, well, more dark. Beheaded, obviously, is about a man cutting off as many heads as he possibly could. Dexter's voice has a great effect on the lyrics. He has the rhytm in this one, not that he doesn't in others. But his voice is the youngest it could probably go for singing wise.

This album might be on of the more mediocre ones. It surely didn't beat Smash or Americana. It was probably on the same boat as Ignition when it was released. But personally, I like all their albums about the same. Ignition is probably their worst, but I like it. This one didn't shed much light on their situation, but it opened a whole for the light to sink in a few years down the road. The most impressive song on the album in my opinion would be Elders. I also enjoyed Out on Patrol and I'll be Waiting a lot too. The thing about this album is that its age has made it almost impossible to find. It's very rare. That's the bad part. But the better part is that its a great album and its worth checking out.