Brassbound review by The Ordinary Boys

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
The Ordinary Boys: Brassbound

The Ordinary Boys have a wide variety of sounds in their second album, which has more variety than their debut. Preston plays piano at the start of the title track, then the guitar kicks in. Although certinley not the best song in the album, Brassbound is a great starter to the album also named Brassbound. Call to arms is a rather repettitive song that lasts for four miniutes. The last song, Red Letter Day has a totally different sound, with a keyboard going off for more than miniute at the end and throughout the song. It has a great section where you can hear the keyboard going off.

Prestons lyrics are not the best ones that I have heard, although they are not that bad. Some of the lyrics in the title track are daft, and the repeating of lines in the song does not work, as it gets annoying after a while. Boys wiLl Be Boys is no different. Life will be the death of me certinley has better lyrics than the last two put together, but the real turning point is thanks to the girl. The lyrics include "Thanks to the girl, no really thanks, you stole our boy, and spat him back. Is that what you're hoping for, A kitchenette on the 11th floor." Skull And Bones was another good well written song. Call To Arms has some good lyrics, but the last miniute of it is boring, and it is like they couldn't think of any lyrics to put down from that point.

I was suprised with on an island, because it is a simple tune for the guitar, but is still very good. Skull and bones was even better, the keyboard, the drums and the lyrics were just flawless. I was dissapointed with the guitars though. One step forward, too steps back was the song that made me move to the beat most of all with the guitar and drum sound. I hated the song "Don't live too fast" it has horrible lyrics and bad sound to it, it was easily the worst song on the album. Overall the album deserves a 6.5 from me. It is something I would recommend only to hardcore fans who will stay true to the music, rather than those who are not too interested. If lost/damaged, I would call it a day, because I have much better albums to buy instead.

l3xbi
    Over the Counter Culture was better. I think they are taking the piss slightly with Lady Chavscum helping them out on their new single. Why did you turn into the industry preston whyyyyy.
    gemtextr
    yup im thin kin tha 2 i cnt stand dat nu woman shit lady ***** or wateva gd songs on da album ' thanks 2 da girl' i reckon is da best wicked idea