You Smash It, We'll Build Around It Review

The Outline: You Smash It, We'll Build Around It
Release Date: Jul 11, 2006
Label: Fearless
Genres: Rock
Boldly unexpected yet still familiar, the sound of The Outline is the fury of Recover and the keyboard melodies of Interpol meshed with the dance flavor of Head Automatica.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
You Smash It, We'll Build Around It Reviewed by: Felix72193, on july 01, 2006

Sound: I first heard about this band when I was playing Burnout Revenge, their song "Shotgun" was on the game. I listened to that song and I thought it was cool, so then I listened to more of their music on the internet. I listened to "Death To Our Enemies", "Broadway And Hurst", and "Aesthetics". They are all great songs, I like the styles that The Outline uses in these songs: rock, alternative, electro, punk, indie, etc. It sounds excellent because they blend so many styles together, and it makes a new sound. // 10

Lyrics: The skills of The Outline's singer, Graham Fink, are awesome. The lyrics fit the music really well. The lyrics to "Shotgun" are pretty cool too. I don't think the lyrics actually mean anything, but it is fun to listen to. // 10

Overall Impression: My favorite songs on this album are "Death To Our Enemies", "Broadway and Hurst", "Shotgun", and "Aesthetics". There is nothing to hate about this CD, it is just awesome. If this CD were lost/stolen, I would definitely buy another one. I recommend this CD to anyone that is looking for something different in the rock/alternative/indie genre. // 10

Comments