First Born review by The Plot In You

• Released: Apr 19, 2011
The Plot In You: First Born

The first full length album from one of Rise Records newest acquesitions. "First Born" from The Plot In You is 40+ minutes of pummeling, in-your face hardcore. The funny thing is that lead vocalist Landon used to play guitar for the band Before Their Eyes. He has really changed his music style. The concept of the album is about child abuse. At first you would think that it is just another angry screamo band, but you will then hear the pummeling breakdowns and crunchy guitars. You will change your mind. There are plenty of djenty guitar riffs and off tempo breakdowns. The other person who reviewed this album has no idea what he is talking about.

At points it just sounds like angry emo kids but not completely. The lead vocalist is questioning God in one song, asking why has he ignored him? These lyrics stick to you. The song "Neighbors" is condemning the neighbors for knowing about the abuse but not doing anything. I love the lyrics, they are actually deep, not like Asking Alexandria, who's songs are about alcohol, drugs and whores. The Plot In You's lyrics are angry but very well written. To warn you they do use some language but it fits very well and is not over used or just thrown in random places to sound "cool".

The album has made its way into my top 10 list for sure. It isn't August Burns Red's "Messengers" but it is really great. Each song is great in it's own way, I do not have favorites because of this. At times it sounds like stereotypical metalcore, but its hard to be completely original nowadays. If I lost this album I would buy it again in a heartbeat. The last thing I have to say is buy the album and not illegally download it. A band like this deserves it. Buy this album you will love it.

axeldarkman420
    Metalcore was good up until the early 2000's. And only a few bands after that are good (Parkway Drive, I Killed The Prom Queen and All That Remains).
    Rockinguitar
    Hells.Mascot wrote: K!!LsWiTcH wrote: im really hoping metalcore dies soon i havent heard this though. but god its so painfully similar and watching high school kids try to copy it is even worse K!!LsWiTcH wrote:
    OOHHH, I see what ya did thar. Yes.
    Bananaman1jovan
    Jaymoore wrote: a band does not have to be original to be talented or enjoyable, this review is poor.
    What? Originality is what separates talent from the lack of.