Give Up review by The Postal Service

• Released: Feb 18, 2003
The Postal Service: Give Up

I'm new to IDM type music but from anything I've heard this is definately a very fresh sound than most electronic alternative you might hear. This group is not a rock group but it's surely good music. Innovative and soft sounds come from this album. It's the type of easy listening that you just wanna dance to. It's so nice and smooth. Nice chords and chord progressions make you feel the music.

Lyrics are more lighthearted than EMO bands migt sing about, given that the singer is from and emo/rock band. The lyrics are very catchy and rhythmic, and soothing. You'll be singing along to these songs in no time, or at least trying to. Very soft voices claim this album.

This is a very unique group, and stands alone in it's own category of music. Some impressive songs are "Brand New Colony,"(which begins sounding like an 8-bit video game from back in the day), "The Distric Sleeps Alone Tonight," and "Sleeping In." I LOVE the mix of sound, tone and the soft singing. It's worth buying for those days of relaxation. You just gotta hear it.