Give Up review by The Postal Service

• Released: Feb 18, 2003
The Postal Service: Give Up

Tremendous album. I'm not really into this type of music usually, but I was hooked as soon as started listening. Lots of different electronic beats on this album. There are some killer bass lines in songs like Such Greta Heights, District Sleeps Alone Tonight, and This Place Is A Prison. Piano/keyboard is prominent on many tracks in addition to the occasional strum on a clean guitar.

The singer has a great voice. I heard them live and he sounded exactly the same as he did on record. The lyrics on every song are beautiful, but standout tracks lyrically are Such Great Heights, Clark Gable, This Place Is a Prison, and Brand New Colony.

I absolutely loved this album. I find it very relaxing to listen to. The bass and beats combine with the singer's wonderful voice to create a very soothing effct IMO. I would definitely buy this album again if I lost it. Considering that these guys are not well known, the album should be pretty cheap at the reocrd store. If you want a general idea of what the Postal Service is about, then listen to District Sleeps Alone Tonight, Such Great Heights, Clark Gable and Brand New Colony.