The Presidents Of The United States Of America review by The Presidents of the United States of America

• Released: Jan 1, 1995
The Presidents of the United States of America: The Presidents Of The United States Of America

The Presidents Of The USA has very light-hearted and comical songs. These songs range from "Kitty" to a kind of love song named "Stranger". They are kind of pop-rock. Don't get me wrong, this is not N'Sync, this is more like rock with pop elements mixed in, not the other way around. Their bassist and guitarist are actually quite good and they help tie the song together with very up-beat riffs and their music syle variety. "Lump" has a punk sound to it, while "Back Porch" has a very country sound.

This is where it gets interesting. I said before that they were comical, but I don't think I got the point across as much as I should. They have a song about peaches and a song about a stripper and we can't for get the song about being naked and famous. This is not your average mid-90's band. Far from it, in fact. The singers skill remains good, except in one part where it intentionally gives out while singing the line "And singers who can sing". Excellent lyrics in my opinion.

Presidents of the USA's self-titled album is a great CD in my opinion, and what impresses me the most is that they released this CD when everyone else was into grunge. I read somewhere that it even surprised the band when their CD became popular. I like the songs "Back Porch" and "Boll Weevil" the best, but they are all great songs. I like how they don't take themselves seriously, which is rare now. If this CD got scratched so bad it couldn't be played I would buy it again. You should at least check this band out.

Spartan 117
    i remember rockin' in my car seat to these guys... i love these guys. definitly worth checking out!
    nerk13
    These guys rock. They were my first favorite band. My favorite songs are We're Aren't Gonna Make It, Lump, Boll Wevil, and Peaches. They are so cool, there aren't any bands like them any more, their songs are classic. Funny and Hilarious.