Experience review by The Prodigy

• Released: Sep 21, 1992
The Prodigy: Experience

With every album the prodigy make there is a drastic change in their sound, so for those coming straight form their more popular albums this will be harder to get into immediatly. But for a new innocent fan it is slightly easier (as long as there are patient). This whole album is purely Liam Howlett and thus this album showcases his intense breakbeat techno. The tracks differ across the album such as in wind it up Liam's piano brings it to life, or the harsh vibes of 'hyperspeed' or the random reggae popping out from a ravin song" Out of Space'. There are negatvies however as you do not get the original versions of 'charly,'your love" or 'fire' you gotta get the expanded version But don't let this put you off the remixes (done by liam himeself) they are just as good perharps in some peoples opinions better. Also theere is a live track called 'death of prodigy dancers' a very smooth bigbeat track it also gives you a sense of what they do with all thier other songs live

As a musician I don't pay attention to the lyrics but in the prodigy's case it is essentialy the human connection just a few phrases. Such as in 'Out of space' "I'll take you brain to antoher dimension" or the chrous "I'm gonna sent into outer space-to find another race" watch any perforamnce of this song and see how the crowd sing with it. What I love from 'wind it up' "Equal rights and justice in this life"

This album shows teh world that the prodigy were on top of their game form the beginning and did not waste any time to find any signature sound. Also all the songs are impressive in thier own way it will take at elast 2 full listens before you really get it and see it's not all cheap thrills. Also if you see the 'Experience Expanded" (deluxe edition) get it! Its go the orginals of the remixed songs and more remixes (by others and another live track of them performing 'Out of space' at pukklepop 2005!)

krvolok
    As a musician I don't pay attention to the lyrics
    In Prodigy's case you might as well but lyrics can be an essential part of music.I mean what would the DKs be without slandering people?What would Dio be without epic lyrics? Or one of my favorites From the 13th Sun?The lyrics are half of its abstract soul.
    Kelicon
    I absolutely love Prodigy. I know a ton of people on here will probably hate cause they aren't a straight up rock/metal outfit but I throw them right in the mix with In Flames, Machinehead, and Pantera and it flows great. But I must whole heatedly agree with this comment. I started with Fat of the Land and definitely can't get into their older stuff myself.