Armageddon March Eternal Symphonies Of Slit Wrists review by The Project Hate MCMXCIX

• Released: Oct 5, 2005
The Project Hate MCMXCIX: Armageddon March Eternal  Symphonies Of Slit Wrists

The Project Hate MCMXCIX, is a band of innovative backgrounds and powerfull musical idealisms. They pack a wallop of devasting drum lines to guitar riffs that will just rip you to shreds, powerfull Growls and beautiful classical female vocals aswell. The new background that The Project Hate has giving to the melodic deathmetal scene is its incorporation of industrial. The album Armageddon March Eternal is just an album written of pure power. The majority of Project Hates albums and songs are all "dissing" (for lack of a better word) Christianty or God/Jesus directly.

Lyrically is were Project Hate kinda looses me. They get their message across well enough but I was brought up with a far more vast vocabulary. However give the band does infact hail from Sweden and all their lyrics are english which I find impressive for the most part considering the do on occasion use quite the vocabulary. The lyrics are for sure written to the song for example, my personal favorite song off the album, I See Nothing But Flesh. The lyrics flow exactly as they should with proper vocal rest lines from the madame in the band who just adds that golden line around the brutality of it all. Jrgen Sandstrm (lead vocalist) has a powerfull vocal technique and sound that has been compared to even that of Adam Darskis' (Nergal of Behemoth).The only thing I would say could change is his lack of vocal range he seems to only be able to dabble in low growls and mid growls. Ruby Roque (female back ups) has a voice that is almost intoxicating. She has this uncanny ability to lay and eerie shroud over anysong that she sings in. she'd by far one of the most capable singers I've ever encountered in a metal band since Amy Lee.

The Project Hate has released 9 cds in a span of 12 years constantly improving one after another adding more and more strength and cunning to each track. Like I said previously I See Nothing But Flesh is an anthem of metal in my opinion if not metal then certainly the calling card of The Project Hate! As far as my likes and dislikes go towards this the only thing I'd say needs to be improved is the vocal patterns in a few songs and lyrics aside from that I love every detail. And last but not least if someone stole this album from me firstly blood will be spilt (yes I really like this album) and I'd definatly buy a new one!

krvolok
    and beautiful classical female vocals aswell.
    No!Vocalist in metal must have a y chromosome.
    Damiandurion
    krvolok wrote: and beautiful classical female vocals aswell. No!Vocalist in metal must have a y chromosome.
    Thats kinda sad man dont say that to Angela Gossow