Broken Boy Soldiers review by The Raconteurs

• Released: May 15, 2006
The Raconteurs: Broken Boy Soldiers

I had originally heard only the two singles on their website and was blown away. When I got the CD I loved it and I listened to it twice I thought it was so good. Jack White, in my opinion, is one of the greatest guitarist I've heard and I love his style. All the instruments are vibing pretty well. The voices blend together well too. The thing that really impressed me is when the song "Blue Veins" started to go backwards and it didn't have any sudden stop or anything thanks to the keys.

I'm a huge fan of Jack White and I think he's an incredible song writing and Brendan Benson is pretty good too. I think the lyrics are just brilliant and the song writers work well and hard at their craft. Their voices I must say blend well together as I said earlier and that's really good. They compliment each other when one is singing and the other is doing back-up vocals like in the song "Steady, As She Goes."

I may be a little biased because I'm a huge White Stripes fan but this album is just brilliant. I can't wait for the next one and I can't wait for the next Stripes album which will no doubt be awesome. It's rare for me to find artists where I like every song of theirs and only a few have done this for me. These bands are The Raconteurs (so far), The White Stripes, Nirvana, and so far The Chili Peppers have been impressing me lately. If it was lost or stolen I would get it again but that's not happening.