Broken Boy Soldiers review by The Raconteurs

• Released: May 15, 2006
The Raconteurs: Broken Boy Soldiers

This album is amazing to put it simply The Raconteurs unique music style inspired me to take up guitar and music itself. Obviously one of Jack Whites less popular bands compared to The Whites Stripes but it is an amazing band and Brendan Benson is an amazing songwriter. I like how Jack and Brendan's vocals are so different but brings an element of surprise to this band in a way. I have built my music style around these guys kinda a garage rock band kinda stuff. I love the sounds they make with the guitars and how they use acoustic and electric guitar, Their drumming lines are good same with the bass lines. Jack and Brendan's vocals are amazing aswell.

The lyrics are good I'm guessing on past experiences and have meaning I love the lyrics in the song Together and Steady as she goes. Lyrics have this rocky folk feeling in some songs more than others but the rock presence is still there, the lyrics remind me abit like Wolfmother. Brendan and Jack as I said before are both amazing but Brendan is a great songwriter and I admire him, they are both as talented as the other.

The Raconteurs were the band that made me listen to rock music and completely blew my mind apart when I was about 10 now that I'm 14 I actually understand more about what the lyrics are but I'm still learning. My favourites are Together, Steady as she goes and Store bought bones but the whole album is fantastic. I love this album for its unique and different sound. If it were stolen or broken or lost I would be mega pissed off and buy it back or hunt down the person. The Raconteurs are one of my favourites now and will be heading into the near and distant future.