Consolers Of The Lonely review by The Raconteurs

• Released: Mar 25, 2008
The Raconteurs: Consolers Of The Lonely

The Racontuers are on of todays most musicly talented bands. The guitar from Jack White and Brendan Benson talent stretches beyond belief and it really pulls out to me and to most fans. The CD is the second for the band and it is better in my opinion. The band's lastest album does not seem to have a specific story line to it altough the lats song on the album, Carolina Drama, has an amazing story and is a great song. The band's wild music is somewhat held back in the record, for The Racontuers are a live band, some soud does not make it through your CD player. Many concerts are astonishing from them. Mainly ones form Austin's Music Festival.

The band has to singers. Benson and White. White has the upper hand for guitar but Benson has a vocality that beats White because it has a tad more range. The accompinments of the bass and Drums help the bands sound lyric wise suprisingly. The Bass carries the song as the drums lays down the standard beat. The Drummer is one to be amazed by at ear. The band's genera is different form the White Strips because in the White Strips, Meg White, (drummer and Jack's ex-wife) lets white run loose and Benso, puts a leash on White. Jack does not go on his crazy Rock tandrums, he lets his guitar do the wor while Benson sings wonderfly. This helps add to the albu because the band's chemistry is good which shows through the songs. A song such as, You Don't Understand Me, is a good example. White does not scream and yell as he plays the piano melodicly, he sings light and it catches your attention. Benson takes the lead role of guitar and loves up to it which another great aspet of this album, everyone plays something different and it always works out. The one song I did not like was, Many Shades of Black. Horns and other rass instrements were used and it makes the band sound much different and unorginal. Orginality is their strongest vice. they did not write the song. It sounds bad and unatractive.

The main message I got from this album was, "Wow." I had to listen to it a few times before it hit me, they are not a studi band, they simply play live. Their talent is caged and loced on records and can not be showed to the real world. I suggest anyone goes to their concerts because of how much better it sounds. Knowing that aready, it sounds pretty darn good. I loved it and it is a radition album for orginal Rok to keep on living!

brantley23
    ok its been a while now since this album came out. i have been listening to it non stop since it came out and saw the raconteurs at lollapalooza and they were absolutely amazing. the new songs are a lot better live than songs on BBS which is why they always ended up changing the songs on BBS when they played them live into jams. now they dont even have to do that with the new songs they are already just amazing.love all the different styles on the album and the great differences in each of the songs there is definately a song for everybody. great album, great band, cant wait till the next album.
    Mr_Jones
    CanCan wrote: This album is made of win.
    Best album of the 00's, possibly 90's. No lie.
    walidb123
    Once I heard 'salute your solution' I was amazed and loved it but once I bought the album I was quite dissapointed by it. There's only 5 really good songs. The rest are just irritating and don't seem to fit for me unlike their first album which I thought was incredible start to finish.