The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi review by The Receiving End of Sirens

• Released: Aug 7, 2007
The Receiving End of Sirens: The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi

The overall sound of this whole band, is awe inspiring. The whole I'm listening I want nothing more than to be a part of something than can make music this amazing. They really just take some of the coolest things, and mold them into a song, and add great, meaningful, heartfelt lyrics. This CD does not dissappoint.

Lyrics are Awesome. They really do have such a strong connection to the artist's lives that you can almost feel their pain, happiness, sarrow, anything they write they deliver to you in their music. Some of the lyrics are about wishing their children would never grow up, and become corrupted by the reality of life. Others are about a boy who has to deal with the divorce of his parents. All the lyrics are delivered in a way no other band has ever done, at times there are 4 part vocal melodies that blow your mind, they mold right into one another and you have to wonder how they thought to do that. They lyrics are awesome, but not as awesome as how they are carried to your ears.

This is the best CD I've bought all year, which says a lot, FOT, Circa Survive, FATA all had new CD's, and this one just demolishes their faces. My personal favorite song is The Crop and Pest, but every song on the CD cathes my attention, it really is non stop amazement for me. I love everything about this album, this band, their sound, and their style, they are one of a kind, and they are amazing, listen to them, and live a new life.

H_ngm_n
    I really agree, I still haven't stopped listening to the CD. It's just crazy how good this guys are, but whats crazier is how many people DONT listen to them!
    Steliosxopa
    Amazing cd. greatly surpasses their previous release in my opinion. Very melodic, catchy, and just INCREDIBLE!!!!!
    WarwickSWR
    Ummm, I dunno if the reviewer realized this or not, but this is a concept album. The guy is a product of a broken home and doesn't want his daughter to turn out screwed up like him ("Stay Small"). Just thought I'd throw that out there... Besides that, yes. This is one of the best albums of 2007 by far.
    WarwickSWR
    Ummm. I dunno if the reviewer realized it, but this is a concept album. The guy is the product of a broken home and doesn't want his daughter to turn out screwed up like him ("Stay Small"). Besides that, yes, this is by far one of the best albums of 2007.