Don't You Fake It review by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

• Released: Jul 18, 2006
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: Don't You Fake It

I love the way this band can mix their voices together and make not something screamo even though it can give off that impression a bit but more or a mixture between sreamo and vocals. If you've listened to this CD you will know what I'm talking about if you haven't then you better get your ass up and borrow a friends or go buy it. This is one of the first CD's I bought as I started my CD frenzy and I haven't had a single thought in my mind as to if this is a good band or not. The songs capture you into their story's and show you with almost frightening detail of what their trying to get threw to you. Their music exceeds all expectations of everyone I know who loves music and I know it certainly has mine.

The lyrics are detailed to the point as I said before that is almost frightening. They put an image in your head and you can sit and watch as everything moves around going together with the song. You can stare off into space and just listen as you are taken away on a journey that you will either be relieved you have come back from or getting ready to go on it again. The lyrics seem to mesh with the music in ways that most bands fail to recognize or just seem to neglect. I don't exactly know weather or not Red Jumpsuit Apparatus writes their own music or has a Lyrist do it for them but give or take it's the artist playing the music the way it was writen no matter if they wrote it.

I don't think this CD has any comparing competition. Their music seems to throw away everyone else's and has not failed to be recognized by all their adoring fans. I think as well as many others I know that the song that most have heard and admire would be Face Down. This is one of the songs that seems to exceed the rest in detail as well as quality, of coarse all the other songs don't lack either two, this song just seems to have more recognizable features. This is one CD that knowing what I had and had therefor lost or misplaced I can tell you I'm more then sure I'd go get it again.

brush200400
    i think they would be frickin awesome if they had a better singer "doo yoo feel like..."
    ChemyVamp
    they aren't original they're just mixing some good musical genres and that's all! go hear everything by The Used they mix a lot of genres (i don't care about the overlays and that kind of shit) or listen to Escape The Fate they mix some genres too and sound cool... there's a lot of bands that mix genres but are not recognized.. still I LOVE the album but here in mexico i can't find it anywhere so i think i'll buy it online
    tbean1060
    brush200400 you suck... RJA actually got me into the whole "emo music" thing, i used to think all emo sucked but this cd definitely changed my mind, as to what is good and what sucks.