Don't You Fake It review by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

• Released: Jul 18, 2006
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: Don't You Fake It

RJA's sound is awesome! They take genres like post-hardcore and pop-punk and put their own sound into it. It is not totally unique to other bands, but they definitely do have their own sound. The crushing guitar sound in Grim Goodbye to the up-beat sound of Waiting and Damn Regret is so cool. They can really play anything from pop-like songs to harder metal-sounding stuff.

I really like the lyrics. They take real subjects and write about them. Face Down is obviously the best song lyrically on the album. It talks about a man (boyfriend) physically abusing a girl (girlfriend) and it is really touching to some people. The lyrics in Damn Regret talk about living life to the fullest no matter what comes in your way. The thing that really amazes me is how Ronnie Winter (lead singer) plays with words. He really does add his own style to the lyrics.

The one band I can compare Red Jumpsuit Apparatus to is Silverstein (atleast on their new ablum, never heard anything else). They have that 30% screaming and 70% singing style to them. I personally like RJA more because they have a more easy listening sound to them, while Silverstein has that more hardcore sound, which I don't mind. I like all the songs on the album, but especially Face Down, Damn Regret, False Pretense, and In Fates Hands. Lovin' is all I got for this band, nothing to complain about! And yes, if it were lost/stolen I would definitely buy it again.

Oxalis
    truedat... the demo version of face down is better than the original[/quote] yeah it has better screamo.
    boyan89
    yah they dont sound the same as Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco cuz these guys are actually good!! and their not emo firs of all...:S
    rocknrolldogs
    Face down(RJA big hit)is catchy and the lyrics are powerful.Damn Regret is another great song but these two songs are the only two that rock on the cd. I hope this band will make another CD this one will be overshadow by Boys like girls new CD.6/10
    spencer Cr
    punkmanhunter wrote: if these guys got a good screamer that could growl and double kick pedals they could sound decent but the lead singers vocals are ok
    well the drummer does use a double bass kick, but yeah ronie needs to take screaming lessons if he keeeps doing it the way he does he'll lose his boice some day.
    Give_em Hell
    Artisan_Bassist wrote: Great band, great CD, but I have to agree with the others that Ronnie's screaming needs a bit of work....
    truedat... the demo version of face down is better than the original
    lovelikerain
    basicaly u all suck, ronnies screaming is ausome i don't know how he could improve at all, sometimes hes off pitch in some of there older songs, but his vocals rock out .... not to mention there guitar...wow there ausome love the cd..its a must have o and there drummings pretty decent too..
    Give_em Hell
    this band is a bunch of screamo wannabes they are shitty pop punk sounding w/ shitty screaming they suck the only half decent song is your gaurdian angel
    niejel
    Xcrimson_ghostX wrote: I love Ronnie Winter's voice except for those painful moments when he screams. He either needs to polish it up or not do it at all.
    yeah, maybe I can agree with that fact, hehe. But their lyrics are sure straight from the heart and the songs are quite awesome. yeah it has better screamo.[/quote]