Don't You Fake It review by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

• Released: Jul 18, 2006
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: Don't You Fake It

So, I heard "Face Down" (Track 4) about a million times on the radio, and my friend Hannah suggested I go and get the CD (though I suspect that that was so she could listen to it). So, naturally, I did. And can I just say that this is the best punk rock/screamo album I've heard in a very long time? Yes, thank you. This is the best punk rock/screamo album I've heard in a very long time. I really love 'Don't You Fake It' (2006) much more than their previous album, 'The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus,' (2005) though the latter is very good as well. Just not much creativity musically. DYFI sounds really great, though. The guitarists are better, the songs all change, which is good.

Lyrics are really fun, and rarely are they unimpressive and poor. Actually, I really enjoyed this album for the lyrics. "Your Guardian Angel," track 11, goes, "When I see your smile, tears roll down my cheeks I can't replace and now that I'm strong, I have figured out how this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul." Among the other 10 tracks (12 or 13 if you get a deluxe version), it really stands out, though that doesn't necessarily make it the best track, they're all really good, lyric-wise, too! And the singer skills are good, to say the least. His screaming is redundant.

Compared to their debut, this is really great album. I hope that future albums bring the band luck as they climb up (or down) the charts. The best songs are probably tracks 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, and I'd even put track 11 up there. RJA displays a nice collection of some good punk-rock songs in this album. I highly recommend it, though you may have to adjust to the repetetive screaming. If this album were, well, I won't go through my usual list of how a tiny little Compact Disk can be destroyed; I'll just say that if this item left my posession for any reason, I would certainly buy it again.

J-rich777
    misery 4 me wrote: I love this band they are amazing and i can play like half the songs on this cd
    Yeah not that hard, bunch of powerchords in drop D. Go play some Between The Buried And Me or Protest The Hero... They will make RJA crap themselves.
    espltdgrl
    Im a HUGE RJA fan,they're music is absolutley amazing Ronnie Winter (the lead singer) just makes me melt