Don't You Fake It review by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

• Released: Jul 18, 2006
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: Don't You Fake It

I was literally dazzled when I heard their first single 'Face Down'. And it made me buy the album the next day. The guitar riffs are not that complex (it basically has only one pattern for the whole and this goes pretty much for most of the songs in the album) but it really caught my attention. I immediately thought that this band is going to make it big here in the Philippine rock stream. And it did. Their incredibly emotional sound and vocals really hit the hearts of many 'emo' here in our country. And their wide musical styles which range from hard-rocking, power chord bashing to mild acoustic and soft piano tunes really made me put my two thumbs up for the band and their new album.

This component of their songs are one of the primary reasons why I bought this album. Poetic, meaningful and emotion-filled words put together into a song and put into an album; what else can you ask for? And add to that, melody and tunes that fit dead-on with the powerful lyrics and a vocalist that can hit those notes with precision accuracy. Now that's an album that's worth my dough.

All in all, this album ranks up my Top 10 list, well, not my Top 1 but at least in the upper half of my list. My favorites from the album are 'Face Down', 'Your Guardian Angel', 'Atrophy', 'Cat and Mouse', 'Damn Regret' and 'Flase Pretense'. Try them. You'll love it. Though my overall impression of the album was good, there were points that I didn't really like: some tracks sound almost the same! but just with different lyrics! But aside from that, the album would definitely be worth every cent you spend for it. Great lyrics, great musicality, great album - don't you fake it.

Shredslayer
    Revenger#11 wrote: Good Band, The Grim Goodbye is My Favorite Song. It's So Long and Complicated
    Complicated? Nah. Good? Yes.
    reaper_x
    J-rich777 wrote: Yeah not that hard, bunch of powerchords in drop D. Go play some Between The Buried And Me or Protest The Hero... They will make RJA crap themselves.
    You're comparing TRJA to BTBAM? My friend, you're nuts. Two completely different genres. You just made yourself sound like a twat.