Lonely Road review by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

• Released: Feb 3, 2009
  • Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: Lonely Road

The actual mastering of this album is pretty well, it doesn't seem to clip, it's not to loud, very similar to the production on Don't you fake it, however, the band sounds more like a pop group now than a rock band, if you're expecting songs like in fate's hands or face down, you're looking for the wrong band now... unfortunately, none of the screams from the old album apart from 1 I noticed at the start of Pull me back, they seem to have "sold out" and gone into a really radio friendly direction now.

Singing overall is good, solid RJA apart from lacking the screams, however some of the lines get really annoying after a while, in pull me back for example right before and after the solo (which is a decent solo) "Pull me back again I need you to Pull me from my sin Pull me back again I need you to Pull me from my sin" This is also the chorus line but gets repeated as verse to..... so it drives you up the wall a bit after a while. All the other songs have their moments to, but nothing that really stands out.

Doesn't even come close to Don't you fake it, or their self titled, there's about 2 or 3 songs that are enjoyable compared to don't you fake it, the entire album was pretty solid, this sounds more like a Fall out boy album with western style acoustic thrown in (Believe) to me than the old RJA. If it was lost or stolen, I wouldn't buy it again, massive let down unfortunately, hopefully this is the album that walks the lonely road, and they improve later on...

boknoykatok
    f*ck to paramoreaddicts review.... this album is the best rja album so far.... a solid album... and a soon to be classic album....
    MisLedPunk
    wow just by reading the reviews i could tell this album sucks i'm really disappointed
    J-rich777
    I personally like the album but thats just my opinion... I like both of the albums all the same and I think they are a good band... I do think its funny I went and saw them a couple days ago and they played a total of 3 new songs... the rest were off don't you fake it... thats kinda sad.
    vngnc_gear
    self titled and don't you fake it cant be compared to this album =/ maybe i just need to get used to it
    reaper_x
    They were never hardcore. So I don't know where some of you guys pull that from. Second, I have all three of their CDs, and I enjoy all of them. However, like most of you, I enjoy Don't You Fake It the most. But with that being said, Lonely Road, regardless of the sound change, is still a great album outlining their versatility in the Rock genre. Don't get me wrong, I still think Don't You Fake It owns. But give these guys some credit for maturing their sound. Every band does that at some point. Look at The Used, My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy. Solid album. I'd give it a 7.5, unlike Don't You Fake It, which I would give an easy 9 to.