Exile On Main Street review by The Rolling Stones

• Released: May 12, 1972
The Rolling Stones: Exile On Main Street

The greatest album of all time isnt Led Zeppelin IV, Dark Side Of the Moon, Revolver, Hotel California, Who's Next, or anything like that. The greatest album my friends is none other then The Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street. Legend has it the Exile was recorded in Kieths basement. This album starts off with Rocks Off which just kicks ass all the way through. Then we gots are selfs a couple rockin blues songs that I personal am in love with, who doesnt love Rip This Joint, Shake Your Hips, and Casino Boogie. After those is the albums biggest hit Tumbling Dice which is a great song. Then we got a few good acoustic songs which are Sweet Virginia, Torn and Frayed, Sweet Black Angel, and Loving Cup. I love all four of those. Then we got Keith's shinning moment Happy. After that we got two kick ass songs that rock out Turd on the Run and Vendilater Blues. Then we have the worst song I Just Wanna See His Face. Then its Let it Loose which is another great song. Then we got two rockers All Down The Line and Stop Breakin Down. Then we got another great song Shinne a Light. Then to end the album we got one more rocker Soul Survivor.

The lyrics kick some serious ass. Rocks Off has some funny dirty lyrics, my favorite line is plug in plug out and fight and fuck and feed. Then Rip This Joint, Mick is screaming like a mad man.Other song that have good singing are Sweet Virginia, Tumbling Dice, Loving Cup, and Shine a Light. Some great lyrics are in those four plus Vendilater Blues, Let it Loose, and Rock Off. Now another reason why Exile is my favorite album is because Keith sings a lot of back up vocals and I love that. He sings great on Casino Boogie, Sweet Virginia, Torn and Frayed, Sweet Black Angel, Loving Cup, Turd on the Run, and of course Happy which he sings great lead vocals on (I still like You Got The Silver and Theif in the Night more though). And also it seems like the songs that Keith alot of back up on are the ones I like the most.

This albums kicks everyones ass. Mick Jagger plays harp and sings, Keith Richards sings, play bass and guitar, Mick Talyor play bass and guitar, Charlie Watts drums, Bill Wyman plays bass only on 8 tracks though. Also there are many other musicians on this album. Most songs are Jagger/Richards, ther are a few covers, and also a rare Taylor/Jagger/Richards appears on Vendilater Blues. But this albums is great and every fan of rock n roll music should have it. My personal favorites are all of them besides I Just Wanna See His Face.