Exile On Main Street review by The Rolling Stones

• Released: May 12, 1972
The Rolling Stones: Exile On Main Street

From the first track 'Gimme Shelter' this album kicks some serious ass. This album is filled with bluesy soulful songs like 'Midnight Rambler' 'Monkey Man' and 'You can't Always Get What You Want' and a very cool acoustic version of Honky Tonk Woman 'Country Tonk'. Very good album all 'round pretty much every track on the album is a hit and a great Rolling Stones song.

The lyrics are solid through the entire album and Mick Jagger is as good as he gets. Mick can sing softly like on 'You can't Always Get What You Want' or really belt it out like he does on 'Monkey Man' plus the vocals are mixed very well on this album unlike on Exile where I can barley make out any of the lyrics.

Now this is a great Stones album, I listened to this right after listening to Exile on Main street and Let It Bleed blew it away. There's not a weak track on here. 'Midnight Rambler' and 'Monkey Man' are my favorites on the album but all the rest of the tracks are pretty great too. If this album was lost or stolen I would definitely buy it again before any other Stones album I love it, it's definitely my favorite album by the Rolling Stones.

keef_the_riff
    this is my fav album ever!!the only song i dont like from all 18 songs is Casino boogie.just that song.and it's true.The first 2 listening are "well ok".But now either i listen to the all album at once,or i dont even play it
    Cobalt Blue
    : \ looks like they mixed up the 2 reviews i did in the same day, all the songs I mentioned are on Let It Bleed
    Kratos Aurion
    I can't understand why so many people say, that the album as a whole is more important than single songs. There are sooooo many outstanding songs here! (Rocks Off, Tumbling Dice, Sweet Virginia, Torn&Frayed, Happy, Let It Loose, All Down The Line, ...)