Flashpoint review by The Rolling Stones

• Released: Jan 1, 1991
The Rolling Stones: Flashpoint

The Rolling Stones hit you live in this collection of tracks taken from recordings made during their Steel Wheels tour. The bluesy-rock that the Rolling Stones mastered way back in the 1970's comes back to life in Flashpoint. Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood (in my opinion, one of the greatest guitar pairings ever) are at their best on this album, jamming through the Stone's signature tracks with a percision and ease that makes you think they must have sold their soul to the devil for their fretboard-finger work. Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman(now departed from the Stones) give their sound a back-bone, producing a rythm section that other bands could only dream of reproducing.

Flashpoint, to new and veteran fans alike, is a perfect taste of Mick Jagger at his best. The delivery of these classics, lyrically speaking, is flawless. Jagger mixes rock and blues like only he can, cruising through hits like "Miss You", "Start Me Up" and everyone's favorites, "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Satisfaction". This is Mick's most coordinated and on-target effort at a live album with the Stones, and his efforts have not been in vain.

Flashpoint, in my opinion is the best live album offered in the Stone's catalog. The boys really were on the ball on the tour that has been labled their "comeback". The Rolling Stones bring several classics to the table, and the album is perfectly completed by two studio tracks, "Highwire" (a very good song about the Persian Gulf crisis of the early 1990's) and "Sex Drive". Classics like "Miss You", "Start Me Up", "Sympathy For The Devil", and "Jumpin' Jack Flash" all get a harder and faster treatment, forcing you to get up off on your feet and Get your ya yas out. I give this album a perfect score, for this is the best live album I have ever purchased and I encourage fans and newcomers alike to hurry to their local record store to buy this perfect set of classics.

Mikeoman
    I have this on cassette, and man, it makes me get up on my feet and do crazy things. So, if you hear this album in my room, always knock.