Forty Licks review by The Rolling Stones

• Released: Oct 1, 2002
The Rolling Stones: Forty Licks

I think this band's sound is great. Richards guitar riffs and licks and Jaggers singing go together great. What I like about the Stones is they have a lot of different styles like sometimes you might hear a country lick or Mick might do some harmonica to make it bluesier. This CD has a bunch of awsome songs that rang from hard core solo's like in Sympathy For The Devil or slow passionite like She's A Rainbow.

I think Mick Jagger is a excellent singer. I love the way he sings the songs like You Can't Always Get What You Want and Start Me Up. Over all I think the lyrics go with the music. But in a couple of incidents the word just doesn't flow with the music. But overall I think the lyrics are meaningful and go good with the songs.

I like this album because it has so many good songs on one album. My favorite songs are Street Fighting Man, Satisfaction, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Start Me Up and Miss You. I love how it has so many good songs. If this CD were stolen or lost I would most definetly buy it again. This is a classic that you could listen to over and over again.