Forty Licks review by The Rolling Stones

• Released: Oct 1, 2002
The Rolling Stones: Forty Licks

The music and the sound on this album is brilliant especially on the first CD; when they were at there best in my opinion and were able to blend lots of styles of music to make great music. However the second CD is not so good and by the time a lot of the songs were released, the Stones were past there best. But the songs on the first CD are fantastic and The Rolling Stones are still my favourate band and this is one of my favourate albums.

The lyrics to this are generelly ver good. Mick Jagger is one of the best front men ever and his singing fits perfectly with the guitar playing from Keith Richards. I especially like the way Jagger sings songs like Wild Horses, Satisfaction, Get Of My Cloud and You Can't Always Get What You Want.

I would seriously recommend this CD to anyone else. The first CD has loads of brilliant songs my favourates are Satisfaction, Street Fighting Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Under My Thumb, Get Off My Cloud, Wild Horses and Paint It Black. The second CD isn't so good but it has some great songs in Start Me Up, Brown Sugar and Angie. I love this album and if I lost it I would definatly buy it again.