Let It Bleed review by The Rolling Stones

• Released: Jan 1, 1969
The Rolling Stones: Let It Bleed

Let It Bleed is one of the greatest Rolling Stones album ever. It was released in 1969. It is the album right after Beggars Banquet. Let It Bleed starts off with Gimme Shelter. Gimme Shelter is basically a duet with Mick Jagger and Mary Clayton. Gimme Shelter is an amazing song. Then comes Love In Vain. Love In Vain is a Robert Johnson cover. But The Rolling Stones play love In Vain much different then Robert Johnson does. But Love In Vain is a very good song. The beginning is only guitar and vocals. Keith plays the riff very well. Then more then a minute in the song the drums come in. Then the next song is Country Honk. Country Honk is all acoustic guitars. Also this track has Mick Taylor who replaced Brian Jones. Mick Taylor play slide guitar in Country Honk. Country Honk is basically a stripped down version of Honky Tonk Women. Then the next song is Live With Me. Live With Me is the hardest rockin song off Let It Bleed. Live With Me starts out with a great Bass riff. Then the song just flows. After that comes the song Let It Bleed. I did not like this song when I first heard it. But after awile I learned to love it. This is such a great song. After Let It Bleed comes Midnight Rambler. Midnight Rambler is a very very VERY cool song. Very cool riff. Very cool lyrics. I like the live version off Get Yer Ya Ya's Out more though. After Midnight Rambler comes You Got The Silver. You Got The Silver is significant because Keith Richards sings lead vocals in this song. Half of the song is mainly Keith singing and playing guitar but then the drums come in and the song really starts to rock. Then the next song is my personal favorite song Monkey Man. Monkey Man starts with a very twingy guitar riff. Then it just rocks start to finish. The instruments in this song come together perfectly. I think Monkey Man is one of the most underatted Rolling Stones songs. I mean if you are a true Rolling Stones fan you would rather hear them play Monkey Man every show insted of songs like Start Me Up or Angie. At least I would. Well anyways the last track on this album is You Can't Always Get What You Want. This is probably the most popular song off Let It Bleed. Everyone knows the Chorus to this song. It is a great song. It has a chior at the beginning which is different. But still a great song.

Let it Bleed has some of the greatest lyrics I have ever heard. Some great lyrics are the lyrics in Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler, You Got The Silver, Monkey Man, and You Can't Always Get What You Want. Some fun cool lyrics are in Country Honk, Let It Bleed, and Live With Me.

This is a great album. If you are trying to get into The Rolling Stones and you dont know how to start then go out and buy Let It Bleed because this is my first Rolling Stones album and next thing you know the Rolling Stones were my favorite band. You should definatly listen to Monkey Man, Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler, and Live With Me if you like hard rockin songs. If you like ballads and soft songs listen to You Can't Always Get What You Want, You Got The Silver, and Love In Vain. And The Rolling Stones even do country so if your into country listen to Let It Bleed and Country Honk. This album is great!

Kratos Aurion
    All guitars on Gimme Shelter are played by Keith. The Song itself is of course excellent. I think it would've been a better Album if they replaced Country Honk with Honky Tonk Women
    Sos-viper
    bennyb0y wrote: Gimme Shelter is basically a duet? Man, if anything it's a duet between ronnie and keith.. the guitars on that song are pure brilliance!
    This i quite agree with, gimme shelter is a track that features guitar riffs that are beyond genius. Possibly the best track on the album
    I am the Drake
    Sorry to burst your bubbles guys but Ronnie wasn't with the Stones at that time. And Brian Jones only appears on a couple of the tracks on the album,and "Gimmie Shelter" isn't one of them. So the "duetting" that you hear is either an early appearance by Mick Taylor or just Keith overdubbing the guitar parts.
    rock_and_blues
    [quote=Kratos Aurion]I think it would've been a better Album if they replaced Country Honk with Honky Tonk Women[/quote] I'm a huge country music fan and I love Country Honk, the version I have has the single version on it as a bonus track as well.
    x-pensivewino
    Keith played nearly all the guitars on the album except the slide on Love In Vain. Gimme Shelter is way more than a duet, it's creative genius, same with everything else. I'd give the album a perfect 10 if it had 'Honkey Tonk Women' on it, but I still give it a 9.9.
    bennyb0y