Science & Faith review by The Script

• Released: Sep 10, 2010
The Script: Science & Faith

The Script's newest album release "Science & Faith" had the same distinctive sound as did their previous album "The Script". Like a vast majority of albums, several tracks aren't as catchy as the rest, but nonetheless, they are still high-quality songs. A select few tracks stood out to me such as their latest single "For the First Time", as well as: "Nothing", "Science & Faith", "If You Ever Come Back" and "Walk Away". These have a diverse yet related sound to each other and are very pleasant to the ears. Generally, the sound is similar to their first album, but with a twist that it sounds just as unique as it did back in 2008.

Like in The Script, Irish singer Danny O'Donoghue let out his astounding vocals on each song and didn't let the band's fans down one bit. The lyrics are brilliant and make you want to sing your heart out with each word that O'Donoghue lets out. Only the script themselves could come up with such clever rhymes, ideas and metaphors. Taken as a whole, I wouldn't make any changes to the lyrics as they are outstanding and match their style perfectly without a single flaw.

I believe that the script has a lot more to offer, and they will never compare to other artists in a good way. Their sound is imaginative and unique, and can never get old. I find myself still listening to their first album at times even though I've heard it a thousand times. The catchiest songs I have already mentioned but there are a few more that are incredible. The only song I don't like as much as the rest is the first You Won't Feel a Thing, for some reason it just doesn't sound too great to me, whereas the rest of the tracks do. Overall, I recommend you listen to this album if you liked their previous albums, any of their songs or maybe looking for a change in music.

onzyryan
    plenty of catchy songs and overall quite a good album. however im getting tired of every song being about love.
    stef123
    I agree with the songs sounding similar. The singles sound ok, but the rest of the album is meh. They need to change their style slightly, but they won't because they make loads of money doing what they do.
    Panasonic3
    so this band is clever and sounds like itself? imaginative and unique? never gets old? i still dont know what they sound like, because you didnt really critique the band. you need to compare and contrast them to other bands you know in and out of the genre. give us some examples of your favorite lyrics that you just love singing along to. just how good is their gutiarist? are there keyboards? high quality songs? what does that mean? i still love you though.
    shanec2008
    I think that they are kinda starting to sound alot like U2... well compared to their first album...
    Swannie
    saw them open for McCartney... only songs i liked were the U2-ish ones
    coltonpa
    they sound nothing like U2..... and great review, love the cd and the band.
    smartflight
    I was rather disappointed with this album. Sure I like For The First Time, Nothing and Science & Faith, and Dead Man Walking too. But overall, on a first listen, every track sounds just the same. They would have worked hard on this, I respect that, but it didn't turn out very well. Yes, their sound is distinctive, but sadly, they weren't very "creative" on this record..their rhyhmes are okay, not something to award them for. Again, just my opinion! I still like these guys. I just don't listen to them, but I definitely would if it's on the radio, or randomly plays in my media player, or however. I never see myself listening to them because I "want" to. Linkin Park's A Thousand Suns released same date in some countries and I was hooked up, still am. Guess I see why The Script failed, for me!
    Fieryhead
    Sorry if the review wasnt up to stratch, was my first one so i didn't really know what to put. Was the only album I could think of tbqh, so I apologise.