Oh, Inverted World review by The Shins

• Released: Jun 19, 2001
The Shins: Oh, Inverted World

When I got this CD I didn't know what to expect. It was a gift from my aunt (who is an indie fanatic), and I wasn't really into Indie. Then I listened to it. It is amazing how they can make such amazing songs with such little (in terms of effects and such). They have their own unique style over other bands in the genre.

The lyrics aren't really their greatest feature, but they still are great. The lyrics go along terrific with the music. They suit each other very well. The singer is very good as well. He has a very vast vocal range and seems flawless on the CD.

If you're going to buy one of The Shins' CDs, get this one. It surpasses Chutes Too Narrow by a landslide (even though Chutes Too Narrow was a great albut aswell). This is one of the few CDs that I can say that every single song is great. You can listen to it all the way through and never get bored of it. There is nothing to dislike about this CD, unless you don't like Indie. If this CD was stolen/lost I would definately buy it again. It's that good.