A Chorus Of Obliteration review by The Showdown

• Released: Nov 16, 2004
The Showdown: A Chorus Of Obliteration

Very good sound from all the instruments. Being a metal album, it is very brutal, yet they rip out some very good southern rock licks, and even pull back completely with an acoustic song that turns crazy to end the CD. Every instrument is well played, and the artists are very talented at what they play.

The vocals range from deep growls to high pitvhed shrieks to very good singing. The Vocalist actually has a really good singing voice. His scream is great, he has really good range with his scream. The lyrics are cool. They're about fighting and wars and battles, yet they have a christian theme, as they are a christian band. The lyrics about battles and fighting really fit well with the brutal music.

This is The Showdown's first albulm, and I cant wait for more from them. The whole albulm stood out to me, especially "Laid To Rest," because it was a beautiful melodic acoustic song to start with, and then it just explodes into some really good riffs. I dowloaded it fom iTunes, and I would get it again if the files ever got deleted or lost or whatever in a heartbeat. As a side note, they are an amazing live band, go see them if you get a chance.