A Chorus Of Obliteration review by The Showdown

• Released: Nov 16, 2004
The Showdown: A Chorus Of Obliteration

These guys just straight up rip! There is absolutely no question about it. This is literally one of the most brutal Christian Metal acts out there. The lead singer/screamer most definitely qualifies for the part. Sometimes the guy screams with a shrill tone, but then changes to a very low growl that is mostly heard in Death Metal. The guitarist are absolutely fantastic at playing their instruments. I love how they manage to change from neoclassical type riffs, and go straight into a Southern Blues lick; it really gives them depth. Although, everyone on this CD did a great job playing their instruments, the guitarists really stood out the most. Dual-guitar shreds, fast brutal solo's, memorable riffs, this band has it all!

My favorite song on this CD would have to be "A Monument Encased In Ash" which is the most brutal intro song I've probably ever heard. This song just got me fired up when I first heard it. Other songs like "From The Mouth of Gath Comes Terror" and "Dagon Undone (The Reckoning)" do a good job of just absolutely making the listener want to get up and jump around. The great thing I love about this band is that they are Christian, but they still display this brutal since of Metal. Never before have I seen a metal act this in your face since "As I Lay Dying". These guys are just an amazing band! Their lyrics have great meaning and are not focused on death, self-loathing, depression, and other things that just bring people down. I love the way the album ends with "Laid To Rest", which starts out as a slow acoustic song, but then tears your face off close to the end when the screaming and shredding com in to play.

You can tell that these guys pulled influence from Death Metal, Country, Blues, but they really do a good job of making their own sound. Just about every song on this CD stands out, but my favorite would have to be the intro "A Monument Encased In Ash", it's just such a brutal and in-your-face intro. I would most definitely go and buy this CD again if it were stolen or lost. This is one of the best CDs I have purchased this year.

Arthemesic
    Actually, Laid To Rest is about the return of Jesus. The end of this world and its suffering, as the Lord comes for His people.
    sk8 4 him
    to me this band is worlds greatest band in the world this band unlike many others like in the song laid to rest has a mixture of acoustic and then some heavy stuff...and the singing is totally awesome in the last part of laid to rest when they have the voice in the background singing and him regularly singing that was just totally awesome i dont think anybody could do any better in all these categories than them the drums the guitars the bass the singing how they combine all those to make this stuff when i first heard the song i was like okay its cool and then when i heard that part no matter how much i wanted to sit down i had to get up and join along its just so great
    sk8 4 him
    omg i also forgot you christian hard rockers ya'll need to join my group of that that i created i also need some friends on here and some of ya'll sned me some messages i am a new bassist however you spell it but anyways if i have some question i would like ya'll to help if ya'll want thanks peace