Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness review by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Released: Oct 24, 1995
The Smashing Pumpkins: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Smashing Pumpkins were a very unique band. They were always creative in different areas of music. The sound is very creative. Disc One starts out with Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Then moves on To Tonight, Tonight which sounds like your living in a dream. Then the albulm mixes some hard guitar riffs from Billy Corgan and James Iha to more softer tracks like Porcelina. Disc 2 is softer than disc 1 which is a good thing. I think there were about 4 or 5 hard songs while the rest were soft. The band is able to make the soft songs sound really poetic.

The Lyrics are original and poetic. Billy Corgan is one of the most creative lyricists of all time. He expresses his anger by using metaphors in some of the songs. His voice may turn some people off but I like it. The Lyrics with the sound are an excellent mix.

This is Smashing Pumpkins best albulm hands down. The band created a more unique poetic sense in a lot of the songs. The lyrics were very original. Smashing Pumpkins were one of the best bands in the 90's. Its a shame they broke up though. Im sure they would've revolutionized music. I think disc 1 is my favorite. Disc 2 is also good but I mostly listen to it during late night drives. Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness is worth the money. Buy it.