Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness review by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Released: Oct 24, 1995
The Smashing Pumpkins: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

This is the Smashing Pumpkins greatest work along with Siamese Dream. This album has everything that you could ever want in an album from dreamy soft songs like "Tonight, Tonight" and literaly insane songs like "X.Y.U". Just about everysong on this record has something new to offer music and I think it is one of the greatest records of all time.

I don't realy listen to the lyrics that closely but I believe they are song universal that you dont have to. Billy Corgan is definatly one of the best musicians ever even if he is slightly insane (40 guitar track on "Soma" from Siamese Dream). His singing skills are superb. My faforite track for singing is definatly "X.Y.U" because Billy sounds like he has gone insane with rage. It sounds like he is trying to hold his words back but they are just so power and seething that they eventualy come out. Definatly the most moving song I've ever heard.

Like I have said before this is one of the bands and rock music in general's best albums. The on smashing pumkins album that compares is Siamese Dream. Stand outs tracks are Mellon Collie And The Infinant Sadness, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Zero, X.Y.U, Stumbleine, 1979. But the whole album is magnificent. This album is perfect in every way and I would buy it a thousand times if it was lost or stolen.