Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness review by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Released: Oct 24, 1995
The Smashing Pumpkins: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

One reason the Pumpkins are so great is becuase of the unique sound and atmosphere they create. The guitars also creates a unique trance that shapes the music. The songs are also very varied. You can go from the melodic Tonight, Tonight to the heavily distorted storm of guitar strings on Jellybelly in a quick transformation. Even in certain songs parts of them sound totally different. Corgan truly has shown himself as one of the elites in music.

The lyrics are truly stunning. Corgan can wrap the words around the music perfectly never making a bad song only great ones. Corgan is the best lyricist of the '90s. Not really much to say about the lyrics but amazing.

I was blown away by this album. Truly one of the best along withe SiameseDream. There are so many epic songs on here like "Thru The Eye's Of Ruby" and "X.Y.U". The hits on this album are truly breathtaking too. "Bullet With Butterfly Wings," "Jellybelly," "Tonight, Tonight," "Muzzle" and "Zero." If this were lost or stolen I would run out and buy again as soon as it happened. But I wouldn't let it happen anyway.

bassplayer496
    This is one of my absaloute favorite albums. Probably the best double album of the nineties. I think "We Only come out at night"'s a very underrated song. ~Love, Dallas~
    bassplayer496
    And disconnected, you missed a few great ones. London Calling by the Clash, and Blonde on Blonde By Bob Dylan. And also exile on main street. ~Love, Dallas~