Rotten Apples: Greatest Hits review by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Released: Apr 27, 2004
The Smashing Pumpkins: Rotten Apples: Greatest Hits

This is the final official release from the masters of 90's alternatice rock The Smashing Pumpkins so crank your stereos up to full and get ready to rock! The Pumpkins are based on the idea of 'loud and quite music all in one'. This idea comes off perfectly through Billy Corgan's (lead singer/guitarist) melodic and effective riffs and Jimmy Chamberlain's (drummer) powerful drum beats. The CD is a collective works of 1991-2000 containing 18 songs, from their first CD 'Gish' through to their last 'Machina/The Machines Of God' and 2 bonus previously unrealesed tracks!

This is Billy Corgan we're talking about here folks! He is one of the greatest modern lyricists of our day and this CD is no exception. From the ballads to the grungey distorted songs, his ability to write lyrics so beautiful that you just have to stop and listen to what he has to say is no excetion here! Highlights are Siva, Rhinocerous, Cherub Rock, Today, Disarm, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, 1979, Zero, Tonight, Tonight, Ava Adore, Perfect, The Everlasting Gaze & Stand Inside Your Love.

As a collection of their greatest hits I must say I was expecting a little more, but nether the less it's a must for any Pumpkins' fan or fan of this kind of music. There are so many more Pumpkin songs that could have gone on this album from such epic CD's as 'Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness' and 'Siamese Dream' but sadly we're not included. As a Pumpkin'head yes, I'd buy it if it was stolen but if you're getting into the band I say go buy MCIS or SD.

jtgjazz
    man i am a huge pumpkins fan and i found this in my house randommly wen lookn thru mi sis's cd cabniet. a good days fishing
    ledzeppelin13
    a very good collection of pumpkins songs! i never had heard "stand inside your love" before i got this, so i was very happy!
    krumpinjugger
    unlike greatest hits from other bands, this cd actually sound like an album.It also goes through their carrer, with all the songs from the same albums grouped together. a smashing cd if i ever heard one