Siamese Dream review by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Released: Jul 26, 1993
The Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream

You just can't get any more alternative than this. This is one of the best records I've ever heard. Billy Corgan also played most of the instruments on the album which you can tell, and this also pissed his bandmates off pretty bad. The guitar solos and the soft/loud concepts are just amazing.

Billy Corgan is a jeenyus when it comes to lyrics. This is him at his prime, with songs like "Cherub Rock" "Quiet" "Today" "Hummer" (which is my favorite), "Disarm", "Geek USA", "Mayonaise" and of course "Silverf*ck". "Today is the greatest, day i've ever known, can't wait for tomorrow..."

This compares to their other works as their best, because of Mellon Collie's sometime drifting atmosphere. This cd keeps you hooked in until the end, and never fails to impress. Geek USA is definitely the most impressive guitar song, with chunky riffs and really strong drumming. Disarm is the best lyrically, and was a huge hit because of this. I can say I don't hate anything about this record, except maybe they could have added one more harder song near the end. Yes I would buy it if it stolen, in fact mine is scratched so I'll probably end up buying a new one eventually. This record is definitely one of, if not the best, alternative album of the nineties. (Pearl Jam "ten" and all RATM records are up there with it). I'd also like to say that this record inspires me and I constantly listened to it when I was at my friend's house playing Doom. His older brother had a Tonight Tonight, OK computer and Nirvana poster, which i think is cool that i look back on it. The record pretty much shaped my childhood and it's amazing. So go and buy it.