Siamese Dream review by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Released: Jul 26, 1993
The Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream

The variety on this album is amazing. The changes in songs is still surprises me today from a grungey "Quiet" (ironic title for ya there), an acoustic "Disarm", a heavy "Geek USA", an anthemic "Today", a psychadelic "Soma". This album is packed with classics. Any one of them could be a single and be just as popular as the other. This album inspired me to pick up a guitar all those years ago and it's the best thing I've ever done. I'm listening to it as a type and it's just so awesome. Everything flows so perfect.

Lyrics. Ah, the sheer brilliance that we know as Billy Corgan (aka God). His cleverness of disguising lyrics to be of other emotions is brilliant. for example, on "Today": "Today is the greatest, day I've ever known", you'd think it was a happy line... nope, he's just symbolising that as... Because it couldn't get any worse"! I love the lyrics on here, whenever I'm depressed, lonely, bored, whatever it just perks me back up and makes me feel so good.

This album is almost certainly the best album ever made. All the other Pumpkins albums are genious yeah. But this just has a certain chemistry about it that makes it so brilliant. It's totally worth buying, and if it was stolen I'd probably go look on eBay for some sort of rare limited edition collectible, it's certainly worth a listen to at least in some respect. Overall, 11 out of 10, pure genius, worthy of anyone's collection and is my all time favourite album.