Siamese Dream review by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Released: Jul 26, 1993
The Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream

Billy Corgan is one of the greatest songwriters in the world. He teams up with Jimmy Chamberlin (drums), James Iha (guitar), and D'Arey (bass) to create one of the most greatest albums of all time. The guitar solos fit very well inside the songs. They are also very well put together. The album in a mixture of rock, alternative, and some grunge. There are a few slow tracks like: Soma (one of my favorites), Luna, Disarm, and Spaceboy. There are also a lot of the hard rocking stuff for example: Cherub Rock (the coolest song ever), Quiet, Geek USA. The album is produced by Butch Vig (who also worked with Nirvana).

Billy Corgan's lyrics are pretty staright forward. His lyrics flow with the music pefectly. His voice and be very grainy at times, but it is a nice sounding grainy voice. His voice can range from the grainy-throaty scream to a soft slur. Billy Corgan is very talented when it comes to lyrics and singing.

Siamese Dream is an album that I can sit down and listen to comfortably. The opener of the album, Cherub Rock, is perfect for the intro song. It opens up the album very well. The album stays on it's rock instincts until Disarm comes around with it's acoustic chords. After Disarm ends, the soft song, Soma rolls on in. The album becomes more and more softer as it progresses. The album ends on a positive note with Luna. I loved the soft songs throughout the whole CD. If it were stolen/lost I would try and get another one. It is worth buying.