Teargarden By Kaleidoscope review by The Smashing Pumpkins

The Smashing Pumpkins: Teargarden By Kaleidoscope

"Teargarden by Kaleidoscope" is the newest Smashing Pumpkins album, all of the 44 tracks will be released for free at www.smashingpumpkins.com over the next few years at four week intervals. My impression of the new album is that it could be the revival of the Smashing Pumpkins, with songs like "Song For a Son" "Widow Wake my Mind" and "A Stich In Time" the Pumpkins return to their roots. The album is based on the idea of the journey of life, base through four characters. Most of the album has an alternative rock sound to it with some touches of phychedelia. In my opinion this is going to be one of the greatest albums of all time.

The lyrics return to a very 90's Pumpkins style and are touching and inspiring like almost all of Corgan's literary works. The lyrics fit the music like almost nothing else I've ever heared and reassure me that the Pumpkins will never die. Corgans singing skills are incredible to say the least and everything he does ends up being a work of art.

This album competes with earlier Pumpkins albums such as Gish and Siamese Dream because it sounds very authentic and spacey, almost like you floating on clouds made of the genius behind Corgan's art. The most impressive songs so far would have to be "A Song For a Song" and "Widow Wake My Mind" because the venture into a style that sounds completely fresh and against the grain of the top 40 world that we live in. So far I love this album and cannot wait for more songs. If I lost thi album I would go back on the site and get it for free, I wouldn't have to buy it, thanks billy.

medoda
    Billy is rock,It will be decades before people come to see the very important roll he"s had on most music from the 90"s on
    One-FISH-
    Huge Pumpkins fan. Teargarden is not Pumpkins. Also, all three songs sucked. All of them. Completely.
    andrewjp123
    ambivalent615 wrote: kind of a biased review. almost reads like corgan himself wrote it. anywho, i'll have to check this out.
    so true
    ambivalent615
    Metallichemical
    smashyourguitar wrote: am i the only one who loved zeitgeist? Yes! You are!
    No he's not, actually. Anyway, like other people said, you really can't review an album of 44 songs that you've only heard three of, but I love those three songs so far and I went to the official Smashing Pumpkins website to download all of them. If all of the songs after this ar as good, this will be a great album.I can't wait to hear more!
    Delucinat
    smashyourguitar wrote: am i the only one who loved zeitgeist?
    Yes! You are!
    Jamie_W
    A Song for a Son is good. The other ones are atrocious. What the hell is Billy doing? The music he's making is nothing like what he described in his vision of the project.
    Rubixcuba
    You can't possibly review a 44 track album that you've heard 3 tracks of.
    This.
    perilouspete
    I'm totally fine with calling Billy and Jimmy the Smashing Pumpkins. Without Jimmy on drums, it's just kind of weird and still has to grow on me. Jimmy's drumming has been one of the things that most interested me about the Pumpkins. Whether it was really fast stuff like on "Silver****," or really slow, simple stuff like on "In My Body," I've always enjoyed what he added to the music. I wish they could have worked everything out and stayed together. I'm a Megadeth fan though, and obviously Dave has seen more band members come and go then Billy (hopefully) ever will and Megadeth is still a great band (and better now then they were ten or fifteen years ago). So I guess if the Smashing Pumpkins get big again with this album, I can look back on this and see it as just another chapter of the Pumpkins, with Billy at the center as he always has been but with a totally new band. Here's to the future of the Pumpkins.
    Forkman
    Terrible fanboy review of an album three songs through forty four. WTF.
    pwninator123
    geblackiv wrote: Anacrusis12 wrote: But I don't think that I am the only one who is missing D'arcys driving bass. You do know that Billy wrote almost all of D'arcy's bass lines, right? i'm glad i'm not the only one who knows this. Billy Corgan is and has always been the Smashing Pumpkins...almost everything on their recorded albums is him (sans the drums of course).
    Actually, their magnum opus, Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, was all equal input, because they almost broke up over his Stalinism on Siamese Dream.
    GetOnTheSnake
    he played them all on the recordings too, and virtually all of the guitar too, billy is smashing pumpkins. i miss jimmy though, he can really kick ass.
    I agree. Him leaving was like neutering the pumpkins.
    mr_metal121
    so far the songs released kick ass, definitely some of the best material Pumpkins have released in years, very hopeful for this
    lefthandman9876
    andrewjp123
    Aidy Damage wrote: You can't possibly review a 44 track album that you've heard 3 tracks of.
    i agree
    geblackiv
    EpiExplorer
    barden1069 wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: crazysam23_Atax wrote: Did anyone else cringe at the article's grammar, or lack thereof? Nonetheless, I'm excited to hear the tracks. Call the anus patrol, we have a grammar communist! So he wants everyone to have control over the grammar and grammatical classes abolished?
    ...I need to think this through o.0 and yes, comrade, we shall succeed!
    barden1069
    EpiExplorer
    Call the anus patrol, we have a grammar communist!
    Anacrusis12
    But I don't think that I am the only one who is missing D'arcys driving bass.
    You do know that Billy wrote almost all of D'arcy's bass lines, right?
    crazysam23_Atax
    pwninator123
    I absolutely adore what's been released before, I'm hardcore excited for what's to come. I miss D'arcy as well, but more than anything I miss her singing voice, it was gorgeous and highly underused...
    Aliens-exist182
    song for a son is a masterpiece, i LOVE IT it takes me bak to the 90's (when i was in pre school) lol im not a huge fan of the other 2 songs but yeah, hopefully there wil b a few more gems to come
    Raysaaark
    Alright, Now the Smashing Pumpkins are one of my Favorite bands of all time. And I find it hard to say anything bad about Billy, But he is not the smashing pumpkins. Sorry, But Yes, what has been released thus far has been stellar! But I don't think that I am the only one who is missing D'arcys driving bass. And 44 tracks? not so unusual for TSP. Considering that Mellon Collie had almost 60 written songs for it.
    EJSrocket
    What the **** is this review? There's three songs out of FORTY-FOUR. Please allow me to shit on your shallow words. "Most of the album has an alternative rock sound to it with some touches of phychedelia. In my opinion this is going to be one of the greatest albums of all time." Dude, "most of the album" = 3 songs from the album? Also, you must have low ****ing standards for this to be one of the greatest albums of all time. "The lyrics fit the music like almost nothing else I've ever heared and reassure me that the Pumpkins will never die." Too bad they already died. "The most impressive songs so far would have to be "A Song For a Song" and "Widow Wake My Mind" because..." ...two of the three are the most impressive? Fuck it, why am I repeating myself. Delete your shallow review of a three-song album and suppress your ass-kissing until it's all released.