Vieuphoria [DVD] review by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Released: Nov 26, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
The Smashing Pumpkins: Vieuphoria [DVD]

I love this DVD. The Pumpkins are great live and Vieuphoria is packed full of amazing love songs. Their sound is brilliant; the layered sound and guitar solos. And they're fun to watch as well. I would say that the Pumpkins are alternative and pop/rock.

Content — 10
Vieuphoria is a DVD of live concerts performed by Smashing Pumpkins in their early stages, Gish and Siamese Dream. It features: 01. Quiet 02. Disarm (electric version) 03. Cherub Rock (acoustic version) 04. Today 05. I Am One 06. Soma 07. Slunk 08. Geek USA 09. Mayonaise (acoustic version) 10. Silverfuck It also includes the lost '94 tapes; Quiet, Snail, I am One, Geek USA, Soma, Hummer and Silverfuck. Breaking up the live performances are little interludes including D'Arcy's silent film about being in the band, band psychology, James interviewing Jimmy, James's dog, Bugg, in the studios during the recording of Siamese Dream, and more.

Production Quality — 10
I liked how sometimes in the live shows there would be close ups of the guitars and bass. It really makes you feel as if you're there.

My favourite performances off Vieuphoria are I am One, Soma, the electric verison of Disarm and the acoustic version of Cherub Rock. I love D'Arcy's film and the psychology 101 interlude. I don't really hate anything about it, except it would have been cool if they'd had a live performance of Rhinoceros on it. If it was stolen or lost I would be really pissed off because it took me 3 weeks to get it, but I would definately buy it again. It's worth every cent.

Geek_Aus
    I mispelt 'live' in my review. It's supposed to say live, not love. sorry....