No Really, I'm Fine review by The Spill Canvas

• Released: Oct 2, 2007
The Spill Canvas: No Really, I'm Fine

This is a subtle blend of emo, pop-rock and genius. I fell in love with this album after the first listen. The first song "Reckless Abandonment" kicks off the sound, toppling the first domino with resounding melodies and angelic vocals. The guitar is simple yet effective, leaving you no other option but to appreciate it. The album leads on to "All Over You" which in my opinion is the best song on the album, reminiscient of You Me At Six we are treated to Nick Thomas' beautiful voice, and a saddening mood is cast with delicate vocals and lyrics telling a tragedy worthy of Shakespeare himself; the final lyric 'Why Can't You Just Love Me Back' tugging at heartstrings and branding itself at the front of my mind. Musically this band reminds me of You Me At Six, Jamestown Story and in places Matchbox 20.

Lyrics in this album are simply poetic. They go between abrasive aggression "We are earthquakes, we are tidal waves. We're destruction at its finest" to melodic and tragic beauty "why can't you just love me back, why won't you just love me back" Although the lyrics in this album are, on the whole, simple and uncomplicated the tuneful deliverence of them hits as hard, possibly even harder, than lyrics that have loads of metaphors and imagery. The simplicity of them makes them easy to understand, widening the audience and making them easier to relate to and appreciate the emotion that's gone into the writing.

Compared to other albums from The Spill Canvas I prefer this to any other and would recommend this to any 'Spill Canvas Virgins' This album catches the guys at their finest and wraps up their sound in a nice neatly produced album. I love the way The Spill Canvas have taken an 'old', 'stagnated' sound and given it a new spin and freshening it. I would recommend the song "All Over You", "Reckless Abandonment" and "Battles" If this album was lost or damaged I would be straight out to the shops and I would replacing it whilst battling the temptation of completing the collection and buying the back catalogue. So go take a listen right now! You won't regret finding this band.