Sunsets And Car Crashes Review

The Spill Canvas: Sunsets And Car Crashes
Release Date: Apr 20, 2004
Label: One Eleven
Genres: Indie Rock, Alternative Pop/Rock
This is a piece of musical artwork to be treated as such.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.7
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Sunsets And Car Crashes Reviewed by: facundo_mundo, on may 29, 2006

Sound: This is one of the best acoustic music albums I have ever heard. This is the production of one man, 19 year-old Nick Thomas. The production of the album "Sunsets And Car Crashes" could be called a bit mediocre, but the music totally shines over whatever flaws the sound or production could have. There are songs like "Bracelets" and "All Hail The Heartbreaker" that do have electric guitar and drums to them, but they don't interfere with the acoustic, overall sound of the album. It starts of with an introduction if you will, the short "Aim Snap Fall," that gets you started saying "Here we go" and plunges you right into the music, and ends with the beautiful "Sunsets And Car Crashes" a perfect ending. This is a piece of musical artwork to be treated as such. // 9

Lyrics: Nick Thomas is a lyrical genious. His clever use of metaphores, along with his great mellow voice make for a killer combination. He sells these profound, deep love songs without making them sound cheesy or "cliche" and that takes all the skill you can get. The acoustic guitar and his style of play suits the words very well. // 9

Overall Impression: This album has epic songs, but it sounds better when it is all put together. I love this album from start to finish, but I think the highlights of this CD are: "The Tide", "Bracelets", "All Hail The Heartbreaker", "3685" and "Sunsets And Car Crashes". I definitely have 2 or 3 back up copies just in case. I recommend this purchase, and I guarantee it won't be mispent money, or time. So go buy it now! // 10

Comments