Based On A True Story review by The Starting Line

• Released: May 10, 2005
The Starting Line: Based On A True Story

With songs like Bedroom Talk, and Making Love To The Camera, the guys of The Starting Line put together a great album. I had this demo since last summer. I fell in love with it, and couldn't wait for it to come out. Then it somehow got scratched to the point of no return and I was heart broken. Although some of the songs are slower than the other, it's still a great album, and in a way, a ride of emotions. There isn't really anything new as far as guitar work, or bass. It's an average sound but they pull it off to throw in that Starting Line sound.

Kenny, has a great voice, not hardcore, not punk, not Indie. It's The Starting Line. His lyrics are relatable to mostly any teens life. Break up with first loves, falling in love, being away from home, anything that gets young guys down. From listening to kenny's voice, I can't really imagine he would have a great range but he hits some fairly high and low notes. His voice is only recognized with The Starting Line.

The only other Starting Line CD I have, is Say It Like You Mean It. This album is much better than the previous, and I will rate it a 5 with no hesitation. I missed the chance to see The Starting Line locally and I regret it still. I love the sound and I love the stories. I love Based On A True Story.