Based On A True Story review by The Starting Line

• Released: May 10, 2005
The Starting Line: Based On A True Story

The Starting Line's previous effort, Say It Like You Mean It, was quite a good release. It had a bright, fresh, pop-punk sound and lyrics teens could relate to. But Based On A True Story is a totally different story, for the better. TSL's sound has definetly improved over the years, with harmonious gutiars, right-on-the-spot drums, and crisp, fun vocals delivered by Kenny in high and low tones. I'd recommend "The World," "Stay Where I Can See You," "The B-List" and "Cut! Print It."

I don't know what the others were thinking when they said that the lyrics in this album weren't good. TSL has lyrically matured in ways unimaginable. Just give a listen to something like "Inspired By The $" or "Surprise, Surprise" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If you liked "Say It Like You Mean It," you might like this, but if you didn't like SILYMI, you still might like this, as it sounds completely different. All the songs on it are strong, with the exception of "Making Love To The Camera," and "Artistic Liscence," which are skippable. I'd never lose it because it'll always be either in my CD player or locked up in a secure place. Buy this record and I swear you wont regret it.