Based On A True Story review by The Starting Line

• Released: May 10, 2005
The Starting Line: Based On A True Story

I'm not going to lie. At first I didn't really like the sound. I was to attached to Say It Like You Mean It by them. But it has grown on me so much. The Band is very decent, nothing original, but their catchy riffs and catchy vocals keep you wanting mroe. Many of the songs are about the musical industry (mainly bad stuff). He keeps some songs about his girl friend. His slow songs are nice and fairly nice. The CD has an all out darker view.

The lyrics are good. But nothign that I can relate too (most of it). The singer has really good singing skills, and writing skills, but man I can't relate to the music industry taking down my ability to write what I want. The lyrics really fit nicely with the music, on Say It Like You Mean It, this wasn't as much the case.

I love this CD. It compares to a lot of other CDs though. Just buy it, it's cool. The best songs are Making Love To The Camera, Ready, Suprise Suprise, Aritistic Liscense. I can't explain why it I like it so much, probaly just the catchy riffs and lyrics. I don't like songs that are super dark. If I lost this CD or it got stolen I would def. buy this CD again. I was thinking about buying one day on my way home and I had my CD at home, talk about sad.